Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Drip pan

crawdadcrawdad Posts: 115
edited 5:33AM in EggHead Forum
When do you guys and gals use a drip pan? Briskets only? Or any really fatty meat that can flare up? Metal or aluminum? Thanks.
·

Comments

• Dirty1Dirty1 Posts: 42
    I am not as experienced as most the guys out here. However so far I have used a drip pan anytime I do a slow and low indirect on a place setter. So ribs and butt. I haven't done a brisket but I would suspect I would then as well. Typically I use the alluminum as they are usually done after.
    ·
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    I use drip pans to create more moisture in the cook.

For me, it is mostly when I cooked pork (butts, ribs, tenderloins) and chicken (wholes, smoked).

Greg
    ·
  • UnConundrumUnConundrum Posts: 536
    I use one for low and slow and anything that tends to drip a lot. I use a 16" rimmed pizza pan from a restaurant supply. Fits right between the legs of the plate setter.

Oh yeah, I foil line it too for easy cleanup.
    ·
  • 407BGE407BGE Posts: 187
    I use a deep dish pizza pan from Wally Mart resting on the green egg feet. Use it when ever something is going to drip.
    ·