Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip pan

crawdad
crawdad Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When do you guys and gals use a drip pan? Briskets only? Or any really fatty meat that can flare up? Metal or aluminum? Thanks.

Comments

• Dirty1
    Dirty1 Posts: 42
    I am not as experienced as most the guys out here. However so far I have used a drip pan anytime I do a slow and low indirect on a place setter. So ribs and butt. I haven't done a brisket but I would suspect I would then as well. Typically I use the alluminum as they are usually done after.
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    I use drip pans to create more moisture in the cook.

For me, it is mostly when I cooked pork (butts, ribs, tenderloins) and chicken (wholes, smoked).

Greg
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    I use one for low and slow and anything that tends to drip a lot. I use a 16" rimmed pizza pan from a restaurant supply. Fits right between the legs of the plate setter.

Oh yeah, I foil line it too for easy cleanup.
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    I use a deep dish pizza pan from Wally Mart resting on the green egg feet. Use it when ever something is going to drip.