Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Mediterranean pizza

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well got to get my blood pulled for cholesteral and liver function every 6 months as I'm on Zocor for high cholesteral. This was before the Egg even came along! :laugh: No cold beer or high fats tonight so since I had one pizza crust left I made a mediterranean pizza.

Start with a paso sause of 2/3 cup fresh bassel leafs, two teaspoons pine nuts, 1 large clove garlic. Blend well in food processor or blender. Added enough EVOO to make a nice thin paste and added 1/4 cup permashion cheese. Blending all well.
1stsjune063.jpg

Spread the paso mix on crust and added artachock hearts, pine nuts, sun dryed tomatoes, and capers topped with fetta cheese.
1stsjune065.jpg

1stsjune067.jpg

Pop into Egg at 400-450 this time with stone good and hot till botom crust started to brown.
1stsjune068.jpg

1stsjune069.jpg

And ready to eat. For a low fat low cholesteral meal it's really good. The crust did better than last nights with the higher temp in the Egg as suggested. Thanks! ;)
1stsjune073.jpg

Comments