Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp Monitoring

Dirty1
Dirty1 Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Based on some of the recent threads I have a question that I know has been discussed before on the forum, what do you use for temp monitoring/control. I am on the market to find a unit with both a meat probe and a grid probe. I have read about the Maverick and was concerened with the communication loss between the base and the remote unit. However that seems to be about the only model out there. Any tips or recommendations on what and where to buy would be most appreciated. As always thanks for your help.
Dirty1

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey Dirty1,my buddy just got a maverick at (www.partshelf.com).I think he said it was $48,including shipping.He said that his works from the basement with no windows.Seems like most people are very happy with the maverick. ;)
  • Dirty1
    Dirty1 Posts: 42
    I agree, It does sound like the Maverick is the common solution. And for the money it is not that big of an investment, so I think I will give the ET-73 a spin. Have a good holiday! I am looking forward to the 500 today.
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    I really like mine as well. I bought the ET-72 earlier this year and so far it has been excellent. Of course it's the first and only one I have ever had so I don't have much to compare it against!