Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rack of lamb and cedar planked spuds

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
both my sons were home last night. :)
3 racks of lamb no left overs

a211bad6.jpg

first attempt at cedar planked, 1 sweet 5 idaho i clove garlic

f5dab12b.jpg

81b2007d.jpg

a7a86361.jpg

2d5ceb56.jpg

4b2fdd1e.jpg

db3ad808.jpg

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    That is a GREAT looking meal...I might cook that same meal tonight.
    Larry
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Looks Great. I like the idividual planks.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Great lookin cook bill...what dome and how long did the ribs take?..what internal did you cook them too...spuds look outstanding!..one of my fav sides on the egg ;)
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Great looking meal Bill, the lamb looks terrific.
    My Best,
    Ross
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    thanks bill for the tuna recipe. i plated the tuna on a bed of twice whipped potatoes and an authentic spinach caesar salad. had fresh strawberries with sweet sour cream and red wine sauce for desert. oooops can't forget the '02 robert pecota cabernet.

your recipe is a keeper.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Morning young William. Looks like you were busy last night! You are always terrifying Merry and her pets arn't you! :) That looks great. How you like the spuds? Kind of hard to go back to regular ones now! The bugs and crab legs were great. Alittle cool on the run back but not to bad. Rode up town and listened to a partner play last night so late getting to bed and up earlyish for church. I hate mornings. Think I may Egg some'en this afternoon if time. Them young'un like the grub?
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Gotta love those Penzey spices. I have never tried the lamb spice, but have used the "Prime Rib Rub" as all around beef seasoning. They are top notch for sure. I recieved a gift box of Penzey's stuff years ago and have been wanting to order more ever since.

Ron
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Second pic bottom. Score one!! B)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    bill,

The lamb looks great--put on some shoes next time, dude :P I wouldn't have said anything, but DP mentioned it on his post. hehe
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    tom, the planks were from wegmans and as you might expect there are less expensive sources. once it starts raining i will come in from the garden and order from here

they were wegmans lamb racks and very good. they smelled like fresh lamb when i opened them not at all 'gamey'
    bill
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i did the spuds direct on soaked planks at 350° give or take. put them in the oven to keep warm and put on the lamb and raised to 375° i opened the dome a lot to turn and move around the hot spots. probably 15-20 minutes, but i checked them every 5. i pulled about 140 measured in the center , the thin end was hotter and the thick a bit cooler. not a cheap meal but i like to cook "fancy' if both my sons are home.
    bill
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    it really was perfect. the boys prefer a bit less char, but there were no left overs!
    the combination of sweet and idahos with a hint of garlic on the cedar really went well with the lamb.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    thanks . you have pics of yours??
    i am doing the same again tonight as the older son was not home for the first round and he saw the pics and requested.
    glad you liked it.
    bill
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i was busy and i do enjoy tormenting livestock which is how i earned this

a2a3e655.jpg

i put it on when i 'egg' boys think i am nuts.
    spuds were great i am going to order some different planks today. want to get some bigger ones and use them like serving plates. plan to sear some filet mignon and finish it on the plank with the spuds 'piped' around from a pastry bag in some sort of design. kind of like chateaubriand.
    46b6867a.jpg

best pic i could find on google
    the boys liked the food $36 of lamb gone in 20 minutes.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    my first use of the lamb spice....it is worth ordering. i rubbed about 30 minutes before eggin not overpowering...just right .
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    no shoes, adds that extra challenge to grilling and taking photos. :laugh:
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I was grilling barefoot once until I was rudely reminded to close my Eggs screen. Nice cook I love lamb.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Gosh..........bill......and imagine I thought you were sleeping :laugh: no wonder the boys come back home :) that last photo I could eat the laptop screen.....and the planked potatoes great idea. All the best!!!!!!!