Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buying a Green Egg in Syracuse

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can anyone help me find a reseller based in the Syracuse to Watertown NY area? I am hoping to head down for a day trip and would like to return with a Green Egg Grill.

Thanks,
Rob

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    You realize that you won't have a warranty in Canada for an EGG you buy in the States right?
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    We have a bunch of great Canadian Eggers on here right? Isn't one a dealer?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Rob,

There isn't much of a price difference now. Certainly not enough to void a lifetime warranty. Send MikeB6109 an e-mail.

Where are you located?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    as steve said give me a shout and i will see what i can do for ya!
    been seeling the egg for almost 3 years now and i have many on here that could voutch for me for my customer service and pricing!
    mikeb6109@msn.com
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm located in Ottawa and thought that seeing as how I was heading to Syracuse anyway, I should look into if there is a price difference that would make it worthwhile to grab one on my way back. I know that regardless of the dollar parity right now, prices on some consumer goods are still drastic and worth buying in the US for Canadians.

We have a few EGG resellers here in Ottawa, so I guess if I am looking at voiding a warranty, I will give them my business, and waive any potential savings.

I appreciate all of the feedback and info.

Thanks,
    Rob
  • Signal 99
    Signal 99 Posts: 59
    Options
    Bob, there is no Green Egg dealers left in Syracuse. The closest dealer is in Ithaca NY. Email back with any questions as I work & live in Syracuse area.
    ~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I understand the online thing, but why no US dealer vs Canada dealer for warranty problems?
  • Hugh Does Cue
    Options
    Last spring when the dollars were much further appart I shopped south of the line and still decided to use Joe's services at Capital Appliance and BBQ off Slack road in the south end. Nice place. Good service. Haven't had a problem yet, but know that if I do he'll be the guy I turn to for work/advice.

Warentee was worth the extra $250 total cost in my mind.

The majority of Canadian dealers went through a price adjustment earlier this year and I suspect a Large is now closer in price on both sides of the border.

Remember, you'd have to pay GST and some other taxes when bringing it acros the line, so those measurements are more or less moot.