Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O Happy Day...And a couple of questions

Options
Nosnow2ski
Nosnow2ski Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My daughters sing a church youth choir; each Sunday night various parents do a lite dinner for the group of 20+/-. Yesterday was to be my turn so I did up 6+ lbs of pit beef Friday night with Dr BBQ's Herb Rub. Well Sunday AM I learned that the night's practice had been cancelled.

Oh well, their loss...cue up the Hallelujah Chorus!

Now a couple of questions:

- How long will an unsliced cooked eye of round roast last in a refrigerator; when do I need to eat it?

- The one I sliced up yesterday had a hint flavor that I can only describe as "hammy". I cooked direct at 350 dome with a couple of chunks of hickory over new lump. Am I being too critical or is there a chance of some residue on the walls from a recent ham loaf was activated?

A couple of before and after pics, sorry no sliced pics, we had one for lunch but didn't have the camera handy, but it was good.

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

Comments