Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

T-Rex ate my Remote Thermometer!

APeoplesAPeoples Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok. So I'll begin by saying that it probably wasnt the smartest thing for me to do...using my remote thermometer while cooking steaks the T-Rex method. Apparently, a thermometer cant handle 1000+ degrees, and I should've known that. :blush:

I was just a little curious as to how the temperature moved while cooking that way. Anyway, for those of you who are wondering, its a BAD IDEA! :)

Before I go buying a new one, any chance anybody has a broken one laying around or knows where I can buy just the probe? My electronics still work b/c they werent exposed to the heat, but the insulated and tin-foil wrapped cord going to my probe melted. It plugs into the receiver with what looks like a headphone jack.

I'm reluctant to shell out the cash to buy another. All suggestions welcome.

Comments