Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cajun Catfish

Options
billex
billex Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all
Great win for the USA soccer team and a great tie for the Irish.
I'm looking for a recipe for Cajun Catfish.
The usual, Temps/time/indirect/direct.
Thanks fellow eggers.
billex

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    billex:[p]I grill whole fish for about 25 to 30 minutes at 325º direct. Turn once. Any spicy cajun mix will work but if you can find Obie's I know you will like it.

[/b]
  • Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    billex,
    I usually cook catfish fillets in a castiron skillet over 500-550 degree fire. Approx. 3 minutes per side for a 3/4 to 1 lb fillet. Any good cajun rub will work well.

• Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Options
    billex,[p]The time and temps already indicated would work fine. However, use Tony Chacerie's for spice and you've got a winner. The spices listed below are also very good.[p]I usually put lime juice on one side, lemon juice on the other side of the fillet, then apply Tony Chacerie's liberally (watch it here, you may want to hold off on a lot of spice) to both sides. I have a fish basket so I get Mr Egg to about 300° or 350° about 12 minutes per side, or until the meat is white and flaky.[p]Hope this helps[p]Cajun