Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

tjvtjv Posts: 3,404
edited 4:07AM in EggHead Forum
Smoking couple butts for friends, 17+ pounds total. Put them on the xl last night. 10 hours later the small butt (left) is ready to come off. One on the right has an hour or so to go. Set up is raised grid with pan as the indirect piece, pecan smoke and 230ish grid temp.

It was hard not grabbing a hunk to pair up with a couple eggs for breakfast....dang it.

butts003copy.jpg ACGP, Inc.

• JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    That's a lotta but to get done in the morning. Sure you couldn't spare a hunk for breakfast?

Good looking 'cue,there.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    alright, yoo. WHY did you not put one on for yourself?!?!?!

fifty lashes with a barbecue brush.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,990
    hope some sticks to the grill so you can atleast go back out there and pick a little, thats my favorite part
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,383
    Bravo!! Bark, bark!! 8 - ),,,,
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,404
    had wings for dinner last night, I figure the body did not need more fat, holding off till this weekend's OKfest.

flatironandribeyes4a.jpg ACGP, Inc.
    sure tempt me to go grid picking.....there is some sitting on the grid's history. T ACGP, Inc.
    holding off this weekend for OKfest, Plus, I get a small taste when I deliver. T ACGP, Inc.
    Gotta love the bark, it's the best part. Without a doubt, that is one thing butts have over briskets, better bark taste. T ACGP, Inc.
  • HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    They look great. I sent you an e-mail as you asked last week, but it came back.
    Give me another one.
    I need your address. ACGP, Inc.
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    That's some GREAT lookin PB there!! :P :woohoo: