Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought a new big green egg 3 weeks ago. Now, when you pay that much for a grill, there are 3 things that can happen. It can meet expectations & you are happy, it can exceed expectations & you are thrilled, or it can't meet expectations & you are mad. Well, I am thrilled, my egg has transformed into the category of those who have one instead of one who doesn't.It's the greatest cooking devise in the world! My biggest problem with it is my obsession to use it. I used to grill once every week or two, now it's pretty much every other day.

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Thomas L. McCary,[p]Welcome to the club. Stay and make a few new friends, join us in some eggfests, and post as many pictures as you want. You might want to transition to the new forum, link is at the top of the main page.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    As the months and years pass on you are going to be more than thrilled.Welcome aboard and don't be afraid to jump in and ask any questions pertaining to cooking on the Egg.You have tons of knowledge and experience on this forum and the learning curve never stops.
  • ArvadaMan
    ArvadaMan Posts: 260
    Options
    Glad that you are thrilled. If you have spent any time on the forum you should not be suprised. People developing an obsession with the egg is well known. The question now is how long until you own two. Welcome to the cult of the egg.

You will probably want to get back to cooking now.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Sounds like we have common problems - deciding what to Egg next. :laugh:
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Your post reminds me how astonished I was at first. As you learn all the Egg can do, the obsession is likely to grow. In the mere 2 years I've had the Egg(s), I've cooked stuff I never imagined I might do. The astonishment continues for me. Even when I'm sloppy, the results are good.

Tho' its more work than tossing something in the oven,standing over the wisps coming out of a cookin' Egg is sooo pleasing.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Thomas L. McCary,[p]Careful, many in your position have had to hire a detective to find their kitchen range again.
    [ul][li]More responses here.[/ul]
  • eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    Options
    Just today I told my visiting parents, after taking the ham out of THE EGG. Our problem is that we enjoy cooking on it so much that we have a hard time keeping up with eating part. We do many last minute invites to neighbors and friends. My, how rich life has become! The benefits are endless! Now, hit an eggfest near you and you will shorten the learning curve, have a great time and have even more friends to invite for dinner!

This could be nirvana! :)
    Carol
  • metrylee
    metrylee Posts: 94
    Options
    i just got my egg a week ago and iam a single guy who likes to cook cooking and giving it to neighbors just to see how it comes out its all good ^ 5