Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corn on the cob recipe?

Options
sholedc
sholedc Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking a couple of steaks tonight, and I have some corn on the cob I'd like to try on the egg. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Scubadog
    Scubadog Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm a newbie so I don't have a recipe for you. But I'll suggest that yopu leave the husks on and start soaking them in water right now while your awating a reply from one of the Egger Guru's.
  • I throw them on the grid whit the husks on, I don't soak them. 350 dome temp, 40-60 minutes indirect. You can do them direct but you need to turn them every 10 minutes. -RP
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Do you pull the hair before you cook them?
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    No, I've tried that before but getting the husks back in place is impossible. The silk just falls off clean when you shuck them after they're cooked. -RP
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Agreed --

Some of the FNWork chefs [Flay] suggest pulling the husks back, removing the silk, and applying butter-'n-seasoning, then closuing the husks again before roasting.

Naaaaah!

I do soak 'em, however -- helps generate some steam.

Indirect - at least 30 minutes -- turn @ 15 minutes...

I also make a bed of wet excess husks for the ears to sit on, so they don't burn on the South-side!

Pull 'em when done, rip the husks off, butter 'em and dig in to Iowa goodness!

~ Broc
  • ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    Options
    We like them husked and right on the grill for just a few minutes. Cover with EVOO and salt and pepper.

corn1.jpg
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Try this for a little different aproach, grill corn in any of the above methods. Coat grilled corn with Mayo or Miricle Whip, sprinkle with Grated Parm cheese and then some ground Chile pepper. Eat!