Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

table cover problem

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I built my own egg table aka naked whiz knock off.....I bought a big green egg table cover. I've had it about two years. [p]The green vinyl/plastic is peeling away from the fabric backing. i havent put it on with egg hot. It is actually happening at the other end of the table. It is on my deck year round in Tennessee.[p]Anyone have this problem? How long does yours last outside? and is two years is the expected life, is there a better alternative.

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    My dad had this problem with his cover.It would only last a year in Boston before it started to come appart.I sent him a new cover that is ventilated and has lasted 14 months with no sign of cracks or fading.I am not sure if they make them for tables.I got it from the original egg store here in Atlanta.It cost twice as much,but maybe it will last more then twice as long.I will try to remmember to let you know. :laugh:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I have an oversize BGE Cover for my large w/table and it is exposed to the florida weathar 24/7..and a regular one for my small that sits under an overhang. Both are as good as when acquired 2 years ago. Found this site couple of years ago, but know nothing about the product or quality of same.

http://www.mels-bbq-covers.com/custom cover page.htma
  • Eggcentric
    Options
    benny,
    I had the same problem. Didn't last long at all. I recently bought a new one at Home Depot or Lowes (don't remember). It is an extra large so it fits the table I made. It feels more like canvas with a rubber liner underneath. Seems to be much better.

• benny
    benny Posts: 109
    Options
    does it fit well, with the egg hump sticking up?