Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Baked beans method-questions

LongknockerLongknocker Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning on cooking some baked beans in our new enameled cast iron dutch oven. I've never cooked baked beans before (the wife has though) plus I've never cooked with a dutch oven in the Egg before either :S .We don't need a recipe but I have a couple questions reguarding the method on the Egg.
I'm planning on cooking them indirect at about 300° but should I leave the top off off the dutch oven the whole time or part of the time?
I'm going to soak the Great Northern beans overnight and then simmer them for a little while until the skin starts to crack. Once I get them in the Egg how long should it take until they are done and will I need to add any liquid while their cooking?

Thanks! :)

Comments