Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hawaiian Chicken Recipe?

Big PorkbuttBig Porkbutt Posts: 22
edited 10:01AM in EggHead Forum
We used to frequent a steak house that had a Hawaiian Chicken entree that was great. I found out that they marinated the raw chicken in a pineapple and soy sauce mixture for a claimed 3-4 days. I was just wondering if anyone here had ever tried it or something close to it and how it turned out on the BGE. I've got one working currently in the frig. It's been in 2 days with a qt. of PJ, about 1/2 cup of soy sauce, about 1 tblsp of kosher salt, some garlic powder and a little sugar. I was thinking of a brine I guess. Does this sound over the top? too long? All feedback is appreciated.