Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

what ya'll cooking tonight?

dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited 9:06AM in EggHead Forum
Momma wanted adobo chicken so thats on our Egg tonght.
·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Nice.

I am doing chili. Cin chili mix but not following the recipe on the packet.

I added a whole onion, 3 jalapenos, a can of black beans, and diced 4 tomatoes. It's just about done now - been simmering 90 minutes.
    ·
  • he's in the 'real' world... not this fake world where we can wear tutus and no one will notice :silly:
    ·
  • dhuffjr,
    i just put on a whole fryer on this new chicken stand i got for christmas, but adobo sounds good too... do you deliver?

·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    9# pork butt & thanks to AZRP I hope to post some pic's tomorrow
    ·
  • Wings then chicken for fajta's.
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    nacho's for the game proabably in the oven...

had brats for the first game but i don't care who wins it!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    I have some Italian Sausage stuffed with hot pepper cheese on now. A steak in the wings. Dang good call by Momma.
    Enjoy that warm weather headed your way. I sure am.

Mike
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    dhuffjr,[p]Nice.[p]I am doing chili. Cin chili mix but not following the recipe on the packet.[p]I added a whole onion, 3 jalapenos, a can of black beans, and diced 4 tomatoes. It's just about done now - been simmering 90 minutes.[p](Gracias RTD)
    ·
  • dhuffjr,
    p.s. you are getting responses over on the other side thru the wormhole... come on over

·
  • i was gifted an Omaha package so.........the burgers on the mini and the twice baked in the oven. we will see , not holding my breath.
    bill
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I processed 2 lbs of lamb with a lot of garlic, marjoram, and rosemary, shaped it into a loaf for some tasty gyro meat. No pita bread though, back on Atkins, god I hate dieting! .RP
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    dhuffjr,
    Lamb stew is simmerin right now. Be done in 1 hour. Good to cook on the egg after a week away on vacation. [p]I've made adobo pork and beef, your chicken sounds great.

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I've made his recipe a couple times as well as sampled his three or four time, its awesome. -RP
    ·
  • OkeejohnOkeejohn Posts: 291
    Folks are visiting so I am making turkey pot pie

John
    ·
  • OkeejohnOkeejohn Posts: 291
    Folks are visiting so I am making turkey pot pie

John
    ·
  • London Broil. Two they were on sale. Pictures coming.

Steve
    ·
  • non eggin a mussel/shrimp boil.
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    ClayQ,
    Its in the Eggtoberfest recipe files for this and last year.[p]
    H

·
    I should try with chicken, make it burrito style.

I went over to the old forum, not moving much. So I'm bouncing back and forth. There are 4 times as many posters here, it seems.

Time to stir the pot.
    ·
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    You could meet us at the church in an hour or two and sing baritone.

:>)[p]I need to do a little sound check and see if I can't make some feed back off a lapel microphone go away.[p]h[p]

·
    Hey thanks, I'll check it out. I got Penzeys adobo spice just a-waitin.
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Beef tenderloin what swan for a just few minutes in balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic, cracked pepper and olive oil. Did not need a knife. Pure heaven with twice baked potatoes. then 1,2,3 peanut butter cookies on the left over heat ;) 1 cup Peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. beat till holds together roll in sugar and press with a fork on top. bake at 375 on egg indirect, for 10 minutes. makes about 18 cookies.
    ·
  • dhuffjr,
    hahaa! i could, but i shouldn't be driving at the moment.[p]i gotta try to make that adobo chicken sometime though... great stuff

·
    dhuffjr,
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

·
  • EdemitchEdemitch Posts: 196
    PIZZA night on Long Island (NY). We made 6 pies and 2 Calzones.
    3-Cheese
    1- Pepperoni
    2-Grandma (No Cheese)
    I-Pepperoni Calzone No Cheese
    1--Pepperoni Calzone with Cheese
    YUM!
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Just finished egging 2 large pastrami's. YUMMMMMM!!!
    ·
    There is not an "adobo" spice in it other than in the name.

Not sure of its orgin or meaning.
    ·
  • dhuffjr,
    hi huff. i made ribs using the pigs worst nightmare apple rub and the apple jack glaze. winner. loyd

·