Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

what ya'll cooking tonight?

dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited 10:00AM in EggHead Forum
Momma wanted adobo chicken so thats on our Egg tonght.
·

Comments

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Nice.

I am doing chili. Cin chili mix but not following the recipe on the packet.

I added a whole onion, 3 jalapenos, a can of black beans, and diced 4 tomatoes. It's just about done now - been simmering 90 minutes.
    ·
  • he's in the 'real' world... not this fake world where we can wear tutus and no one will notice :silly:
    ·
  • dhuffjr,
    i just put on a whole fryer on this new chicken stand i got for christmas, but adobo sounds good too... do you deliver?

·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    9# pork butt & thanks to AZRP I hope to post some pic's tomorrow
    ·
  • Wings then chicken for fajta's.
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    nacho's for the game proabably in the oven...

had brats for the first game but i don't care who wins it!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    I have some Italian Sausage stuffed with hot pepper cheese on now. A steak in the wings. Dang good call by Momma.
    Enjoy that warm weather headed your way. I sure am.

Mike
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    dhuffjr,[p]Nice.[p]I am doing chili. Cin chili mix but not following the recipe on the packet.[p]I added a whole onion, 3 jalapenos, a can of black beans, and diced 4 tomatoes. It's just about done now - been simmering 90 minutes.[p](Gracias RTD)
    ·
  • dhuffjr,
    p.s. you are getting responses over on the other side thru the wormhole... come on over

·
  • i was gifted an Omaha package so.........the burgers on the mini and the twice baked in the oven. we will see , not holding my breath.
    bill
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I processed 2 lbs of lamb with a lot of garlic, marjoram, and rosemary, shaped it into a loaf for some tasty gyro meat. No pita bread though, back on Atkins, god I hate dieting! .RP
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    dhuffjr,
    Lamb stew is simmerin right now. Be done in 1 hour. Good to cook on the egg after a week away on vacation. [p]I've made adobo pork and beef, your chicken sounds great.

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I've made his recipe a couple times as well as sampled his three or four time, its awesome. -RP
    ·
  • OkeejohnOkeejohn Posts: 291
    Folks are visiting so I am making turkey pot pie

John
    ·
  • OkeejohnOkeejohn Posts: 291
    Folks are visiting so I am making turkey pot pie

John
    ·
  • London Broil. Two they were on sale. Pictures coming.

Steve
    ·
  • non eggin a mussel/shrimp boil.
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    ClayQ,
    Its in the Eggtoberfest recipe files for this and last year.[p]
    H

·
    I should try with chicken, make it burrito style.

I went over to the old forum, not moving much. So I'm bouncing back and forth. There are 4 times as many posters here, it seems.

Time to stir the pot.
    ·
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    You could meet us at the church in an hour or two and sing baritone.

:>)[p]I need to do a little sound check and see if I can't make some feed back off a lapel microphone go away.[p]h[p]

·
    Hey thanks, I'll check it out. I got Penzeys adobo spice just a-waitin.
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Beef tenderloin what swan for a just few minutes in balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic, cracked pepper and olive oil. Did not need a knife. Pure heaven with twice baked potatoes. then 1,2,3 peanut butter cookies on the left over heat ;) 1 cup Peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 egg. beat till holds together roll in sugar and press with a fork on top. bake at 375 on egg indirect, for 10 minutes. makes about 18 cookies.
    ·
  • dhuffjr,
    hahaa! i could, but i shouldn't be driving at the moment.[p]i gotta try to make that adobo chicken sometime though... great stuff

·
    dhuffjr,
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

·
  • EdemitchEdemitch Posts: 196
    PIZZA night on Long Island (NY). We made 6 pies and 2 Calzones.
    3-Cheese
    1- Pepperoni
    2-Grandma (No Cheese)
    I-Pepperoni Calzone No Cheese
    1--Pepperoni Calzone with Cheese
    YUM!
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Just finished egging 2 large pastrami's. YUMMMMMM!!!
    ·
    There is not an "adobo" spice in it other than in the name.

Not sure of its orgin or meaning.
    ·
  • dhuffjr,
    hi huff. i made ribs using the pigs worst nightmare apple rub and the apple jack glaze. winner. loyd

·