Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions on a 11.25 lb Beef Loin Strip boneless (Sam's club)

Options
K'Hawk
K'Hawk Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got this today, thought it would be good for tomorrow. [p]Any suggestions? I was thinking:
Rub with Salt, pepper, garlic
700+ sear it on both sides
then let dewell at 350-400
until internal temp of 125-130.

Comments

• K'Hawk
    Options
    KHawk,[p]Help! Please!
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    KHawk,[p]This should work fine, however I prefer to cut a couple of thick steaks for plenty of caramelized exterior.[p]Ashley

• Schneid
    Options
    KHawk,
    What a great meal (or three)you have soon come.
    I've use a marinade with 1/2 cup red wine, 1/2 c olive oil, 1/4c Dales steak seasoning. And a rub with lemon pepper and garlic salt. I seared 600 deg for 6 min each side, then temp to 400, until meat was 140 deg. Fantastic.
    For a side: Portobella mushrooms---marinated in red wine vinegar, merlot, garlic, Dales, Italian dressing. ( Don't really have the amounts of each---just go with the feel)
    By the way---I too dropped my BGE cap. Nice clean break---I have been waiting for someone to provide the "Rutland #64" info. In the meantime, I have been using foil lined daisey wheel...
    Country Style Ribs for us, this Super Day.
    The Pat's will stay within 14.

• What's the total cook time?