Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St. Louis trimmed spares

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
<a href=IMG_9131.jpg</a>">
<p />IMG_9132.jpg[p]Used some JH Pecan Rub on one rack, and some Dizzy Dust on the other. Also seasoned up the cuttings and remnants from the two racks to smoke later, too.[p]I'm hoping that they turn out OK...I've never cooked this cut of meat before. Of course, I'll have some more pics of the finished product.[p]-Mike[p]

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Beanie-Bean,[p]That's exactly how I do ribs. I really like both rubs, but JH Pecan is my favorite. I bought 10 lbs of it last month. It's great on ABT's as well. I'll be very interested to know how they turned out for you. I put the trimmings on the grate at the same time as the ribs, but somehow they always disappear before I take the ribs in the house.
  • Eager Egger
    Options
    Beanie-Bean,They look great! I have not had the best of luck with spares and found using the 3-1-1 method left them slightly undercooked. I guess a bit longer on each phase would work. Let me know how they turn out. The JH rub looks great, we are doing some babybacks today using a sugar based rub from "The Wise One's" cookbook.[p]You were sure up early this cold morning.
    Mike

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Beanie-Bean,[p]Well, you sure look like you are off to a good start on those. Spares are my favorite ribs. [p]<html><font size="3" color="green">Merry Christmas</font></html>
    <font size="3.5" color="green">~t<html><font size="3.5" color="red">h<html><font size="3.5" color="blue"><font size="3.5" color="blue">i<html><html><font size="3.5" color="orange">r<html><font size="3.5" color="green">d<html><font size="3.5" color="red">e<html><font size="3.5" color="blue">y<html><font size="3.5" color="orange">e<font size="3.5"<font size="3.5" color="red">~<html><font size=3.5" color="black"><html>[p] [p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery