Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

bone-in ham

I would like some tips on how to smoke a bone-in ham. It is 20 lbs. What chips would you recommend and how long do I cook it?

·

Comments

• Tracy,
    Length of time cooking will determine temp in center of ham. Personally, when I do whole ham that large, I would pull it at 170 internal. Cooking temp between 250 and 275 inderect. Personal opinion again, I use hickory and try to get one or two large pieces and not a lot of small chips. That way you have continuous smoke and not so much at one time. It will probably take 14 or more hours. [p]Jerry

·