Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin

Options
smoking paul
smoking paul Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to hear some experience others have had cooking beef tenderloin on the Green Egg. What I have done in he past is to marinade the meat for 12 to 24 hours. Bring the meat to room temp and heat the Egg to 650 degrees and put the meat on for about 5 minutes then turn for another 5 minutes then close all vents and let the meat finish cooking to internal temp of 160 degrees then let the meat rest for 10 - 15 minutes before cutting. Does anyone have a suggestion or better way to prepare.
Thanks, Paul

Comments

• BGE Pit Crew
    Options
    Paul,[p]I have done it the same way as you mentioned many times and it always comes out great. I have tried a couple of differnet ways though: I sear direct at 500 on all sides to get a nice seal/crust, remove from egg, lower temp to 350, place on v-rack and drip pan, egg until desired temp, I like mine medium rare. Good luck and keep smokin, Dana
  • Stuart
    Stuart Posts: 110
    Options
    Paul,[p]What degree of cook does that internal temp result in? A more recent post recommended an internal temp of 120-125 max for Rare. I'd like to end up with a rare to med rare tenderloin at the thickest portion, allowing the ends to finish up med. [p]Happy Holidays,[p]Stuart