Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stainless Steel Table

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have a question for anyone that has a stainless steel table. How do they stand up to the weather. I live in Florida and the table I built I made out of cypress wood but still is not holding up to my liking. I see on the whiz site that there is a couple of stainless steel tables. I am getting to old to keep coating the wood and lazy also. Thanks for any advice. [p]Pork Butt Mike

Comments

• Otobiz
    Otobiz Posts: 82
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike, I wont be a whole lot of help but I bought a restaurant table from a kitchen store and had my local shop blow out a 18" hole in it for me with there plazma cutter, It sits out side for the last 3 months and works well, no rust because it is stainless, wipes up very well and table is very solid, I bought it to match my stainless BBQ, not sure why as I have never used it since I got my egg.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    otobiz, glad you like the table but just a quick note, certain stainless grades can rust and some fabrication/welding processes can increase the chance of rust on typical non rust grades. tom

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    tjv,
    Hey Tom just a note that I Love the adjustable rig. Works great for them long slow cooks. Thanks[p]Pork Butt Mike

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike, thanks always good to know it works. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike,[p]I do not have my Eggs mounted in a stainless table (my Eggs are in their nests) but I do have a stainless table next to them as a work surface - a restaurant style I bought at Costco (a bit over $100 if I remember) a while back. While it is a great table, I do have some misgivings about it. The positives are 1.) it withstands the weather, 2.)is fairly easy to keep clean, and 3.) nothing much can harm it. The negatives are 1.)it gets hot enough to burn you when the sun beats on it for a few hours, 2.) it definitely does stain and discolor from things left on it (and those stains don't always come off) or just the weather, and 3.) when its at the wrong angle to the sun it can produce a glare that is really blinding.