Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Temperature

Bob In TexasBob In Texas Posts: 48
edited 5:28AM in EggHead Forum
Good morning. Once I put the turkey in the egg, my 325 temp dropped to 225 and has been there for abot 15 minutes. Should I increase the air flow to try and get it back up or should I just leave it alone ? Thanks
·

Comments

• Robert,
    I have had mine on for about 45 min and it just came back to temp. I did open it up a little even though Max or someone said to leave it alone.
    DB

·
  • Robert,
    Assuming the temp was what you wanted to begin with -- Don't touch it. The Dome temp is reflecting the cold mass of the turkey you just put in there. It will stabilize soon. If you make adjustment now, you'll have a tough time getting it to stabilize.

·
  • Robert,[p]Whem I put mine on it went from 325 to 218. Stayed there for 20 min. Then it slowly crept up to 325. Took about 45min to an hour. If you had a good established fire you should be in good shape.[p]Mike
    ·
  • Thanks guys! Ya'll have a great day!

·
  • Robert,
    Same exact think with me. I woke up and lit my egg at 4:15 this morning I. The temp was stable at 325* at 5:00 when I put the turkey in. I figured the temp would recover back to 325* on it's own in a short time but it did not. I tried to wait it out but after 40 minutes of not reaching back to 300 I adjusted the vents. All is fine now.

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

·
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Robert,
    Same situation here.. though I should have figured it would happen - it was just the panic of where I might find a back-up set of meat if it's not done or too done! LOL[p]My main prob was that the fire was burning VERY hot (i.e., flames shooting through the top![p]Anyway, raining here.. golf umbrella in use... I think they have clip on ones.. don't they?

·