Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

any head-counts of turkey birds being done a la mad max?

BlueRidgeBlueRidge Posts: 84
edited 3:56AM in EggHead Forum
Given the large volume of traffic regarding MadMax's turkey I was curious if anyone has ever tried to get a head count of how many are benifiting from his hard work? If so, have you done it before and how many times?[p]I'm giving it a go for the first time and am really looking forward to the eggspierience...

Comments

• BlueRidge,I am going to give it a go(a la Madmax) this year,my first time doing a big bird on my egg

• BlueRidge,
    this will be my third mad max turkey & gravy and i'm doing another one a week from saturday.

• BlueRidge,
    after all this turkey talk i think i'm gonna make spam. ...[p]just kidding. ...i'm all set to go!! ..

• BlueRidge,
    I'm in but it won't be until Sat. I did one last year and every one in the family said it was the best turkey last year. Max has the entire cook down to a science so you can relax and enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Ron_LRon_L Posts: 163
    BlueRidge,
    I'm a mad Max virgin.[p]Wait... that doesn't sound right...[p]This will be my first Mad Max turkey and my first turkey on an Egg.[p]...ron

• JD McGeeJD McGee Posts: 250
    BlueRidge,[p]Mad Max Turkey Virgin here too...but not for long!!! Pics to follow on Turkeyday![p]JD
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
  • 1st turkey on the egg - going the mad Max route with a bit of apple and cherry mixed in the lump. I've been frying 'em for the past 8 years, looking forward to something a bit different this year. Just hope I'm not drunk by the time the turkey is done. Frying only took 45~60 minutes (2~3 beers). Looks like my 20 lb'er will take 4~5 hours on the egg - that's a lot of beer!
  • BlueRidge,[p]I'm in...