Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

londonbroil help

Options
mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anyone done londonbroil on BGE ?

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    mike,[p] Yes, lots of times :-). I normally marinated first, then cook at high temperature (like a steak) using the sear and dwell method. Cooking time depends on how big the London broil is. I normally go about 5-7 minutes on a side at 700F, then shut the vents and let it sit until my intuition says its medium rare. I let it rest for a few minutes, then slice thin and serve.[p]MikeO
  • tember
    tember Posts: 13
    Options
    MikeO,
    The trick with london broil is letting it marinate for no less than 24 hrs and slicing against the grain at a 45 degree angle. Do treat it like a steak with a high temp sear at @ 4 min. per side and a dwell to a med. rare. [p]food tv has a few great recipes for this cut

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Here's a marindae I like to use:[p]1 six pack Guinness
    3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
    Dash worstechire sauce
    Salt, black pepper[p]Combine one bottle of Guinness* and the rest of the ingedients. Place meat in a large ziploc bag, and pour marinade over it. Refrigerate overnight. Remove meat from marinade and cook like you would any other steak. Slice thin, across the grain.[p]*the other five bottles go inside the chef/and or the chef's guests. :)[p]