Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Yeeeeeee Ha!!! French bread success.

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am stunned. Second attempt was superb. I made two loaves, slightly smaller than last time. They rose for the third time very nicely and I cooked the first one at 400 dome (after the fire matured enough to have minimal smoke.....let it slowly build up from 300 to 400, and heated the ceramic thoroughly). On the second loaf, I let the dome temp creep up in the 430 range, and the pizza stone was already hot. [p]The first loaf I sent off with my wife, kids and mother in law. They left 5 minutes after I pulled off the first loaf. Put it in a loose paper bag, and sent them on there way. I betcha the car was full of smells.[p]The second loaf I pulled of after 30 minutes at 425 dome. Rested 45 minutes, and carved off a piece to try. I was a bit nervous that it would be heavy textured, but it was shweeeeet!! I kept carving of more. Then more. Then more.[p]I can see room for improvement, but the crust was so nice that little pieces flew off when i carved it. I'm hooked.[p]Took snail pictures I will post someday.
Oooh. I can still taste it. Going back for more.[p]Thanks y'all.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

Comments