Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

i know people brine turkey but does anybody ever just brine a turkey breast

just curious. i want it to have as much flavor as possible:):)
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Jason Upton ,
    Parts brine up just as well as the whole bird. -RP

·
  • mb168mb168 Posts: 265
    Jason Upton ,[p]I've done some pre-egg that I brined and cooked in the oven that came out great. Followed Alton Brown's brine recipe. Not certain if I will for my first egg breast this week.
    ·
  • BigTBigT Posts: 385
    Jason Upton ,[p]I brine turkey breasts for about six hours after I debone then per thirdeye. Works for me.[p]I use 1/3c brown sugar, 1/3 c kosher salt dissolved into 2 quarts of water. Cool to 40F or less before use.[p]hth[p]Big T

[ul][li]Thirdeye's Turkey Breast[/ul]
    ·
  • Jason Upton ,
    yup, do it all the time. See the link to a post from yesterday

[ul][li]brining link from yesterday[/ul]
    ·
  • BurntRawBurntRaw Posts: 565
    Jason Upton ,[p]Pork, chicken, turkey, pieces, whole, beast, legs, toes; brine them all.[p]All we are doing through brining, is causing a state change in the cells so that they will draw and hold more water than before. As the meat cooks, the heated proteins will begin to draw in tighter and squeeze out water, but, hopefully, enough water will remain to produce a juicy, tender piece of meat.[p]Go for it.

·
  • billtbillt Posts: 225
    Jason Upton ,
    i do so regularly and Wegman's carries a honey brined 1/2 breast that cooks up nice,.

·