Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING: Big'un

Options
Cobbegger
Cobbegger Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm gonna do your Triple Treat tomorrow and I was wondering if you precook the sausage at all before stuffing the loin? I know some people precook the link sausage before stuffing. I also know it's probably not going to turn out as good as your's that I tried last weekend, but I'm just trying to get all of my ducks in a row.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Cobbegger,
    I don't cook the sausage. The whole reason I put it there was to add moisture to the loin from the inside. Do you have the recipe I posted earlier this week? Just make sure you keep the ingredients that you are not using in the fridge between steps. I use Fuji apples because I like 'em by themselves, but any baking apple will do. A shot of balsamic vinegar into the sausage mix works well also. HTH. Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions. And please take a photo or two! [p]
    This is what it should look like before cooking. Use a drip pan and make the best gravy ever!
    DSCI0008-5.jpg

• Cobbegger
    Options
    Big'un,
    Yep, I printed the recipe out the other day. I'll let ya know how it turns out, but don't expect any pics. The other day I found my $400+ digital camera in the cats water dish. The kid said she didn't do it and neither of the cats were talking!

• ChefDave
    ChefDave Posts: 142
    Options
    Big'un, I missed your post earlier this week for this recipe. Could I talk you into reposting it. Thank you.[p]David