Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork rib dinner tonight

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
<a href=IMG_8346.jpg</a>">
<p />This was the first part of the cook: Country Cut ribs w/EVOO, kosher salt, and some Benoit's seasoning. 250 dome for three hours indirect with 50/50 spritz of apple juice and apple cider vinegar.[p]IMG_8353.jpg[p]These were some 3-1-1 ribs. I just wanted to try a single rack to see how differently the ribs would come out compared to my old trusty Weber kettle version.[p]All kinds of smoke for this one:[p]Ozarka Oak Lump
Big ol' piece of maple chunk (dry) I put in at the beginning of the setup
Hickory chips (soaked)
Apple chips (soaked)[p]I like the smoke taste on my food, and I tried using less, as was prescribed by some, but the last time I just didn't get enough smoke for my liking.[p]Tomorrow, I'll be doing some beef short ribs.[p]

Comments

• Marvelous
    Options
    Beanie-Bean,
    I would like to know your technique for the beef ribs I have some and never cooked beef ribs before thanks

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    marvelous,[p]I think I found a recipe from this link, and I'm going to give it a try tomorrow just before kickoff starts. I've seen a few different schools of thought regarding how to cook the ribs. I'm going to do a 225-250 deg smoke for a few hours per the site's recommendations. Would have gone with the Korean ribs recipe, but I didn't have some of the ingredients on hand this evening.[p]
    [ul][li]Beef Short Ribs[/ul]