Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Empanadas

Options
Scotty's Inferno
Scotty's Inferno Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
P?dc=4675644163473356281
<p />After having some great authentic empanadas at a Columbian friends house, I wanted to try making some with pulled pork. I bought some pre-made empanada dough discs at a latin store and thawed out about a pound of pulled pork. I didn't have time to bake these in the egg, but they sure were good. A little smoke in the dough would have been killer.
Scott

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Scotty's Inferno:[p]Those look mighty fine Scotty! Definitely need to do them on the egg though, a little smoke would be nice.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,826
    Options
    100_1039.jpg
    <p />Scotty's Inferno,
    did you put anything in with the pork, i think these were pork and a little bbq sauce with an enchalada sauce poured over the top. fried. i remember they were really good but have no frame of reference to how they are supposed to taste. would love to see a good authentic recipe, but maybe these are meant to be winged with whats on hand. these were done in the fall as there is a pumkin ale in the picture

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    fishlessman, I did mix the pork up with a small amount of bbq sauce. I put a splash of tabasco sauce on every bite. The bottom line is, the pulled pork was a much tastier filling than my friend's. But, her corn meal dough, which was fried like yours, was fantastic. she made the dough with yellow corn meal, water, salt and pepper with no measurements. She had a little press that flattened each dough. I will go the fried route next time. I think pulled beef or brisket would be great as a filling as well.
    Scott