Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Turkey

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For 28 of 30 years wife has done the largest turkey she could find in oven. This year we each did an 11-pounder. This was my first turkey on the egg. Used a heat deflector purchased recently and a v-rack with the breast down. No spices, no rub, no stuffing, just a "Plain Jane" turkey. It turned our great. It was far more moist than the oven-baked turkey. Everyone said my wife lost her job. Meat was very moist. Cooked between 300 and 350 from about 9:00 to about 1:00. Took it off when the thigh temp reached 180.

Comments

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Don, way to go. You just can't beat "plain" most times. The ceramic way of cooking is a god-send for moist flavorful cooking. And never be afraid to brine either. Being a southerner, I suspected brining was a "yankee thing". But thanks to Cat, and my southern butcher who goes way back, I decided to give it a try and must say for fowl and pigs,, ya jest kant beet it.[p]