Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Brisket question

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My husband just put an unthawed brisket on the egg at 250 on the rack with butt rub. He is thinking 5-6 hours. I am thinking he should have thawed it. What you all think? Any tips?
·

Comments

• Kathy-jo,
    How much does the brisket weigh? I think it will take around 12 --18 hours.I will smoke a 10 lber 18-24 hours.
    gary

·
  • Well..it's for dinner tomorrow everning....things should go great if there's a heavy-duty load of lump in the fire box....Brisket..thawed brisked....takes anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours per pound.....So...let us know how things turn out and when it's done....Patience will be a virtue...[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

·
  • 360 guy, it weighs about 4-5 pounds

·
  • Kathy-jo,
    I did a 5lb flat and a 7lb heel last night, cooked 17hrs and it was thawed. Had 12 people over for lunch and they were great. We decided Texan's may not have it all wrong with the bbq beef thing. You will have brisket ready tomorrow for dinner sorry.
    DB
    100_3787.jpg
    100_3791.jpg
    100_3797.jpg

·
  • Kathy-jo,[p]'Unthawed' do you really mean still frozen???[p]Kent
    ·
  • dbishop,man I am on the way to Texas. Were in Texas are you anyway? We are going to Port Aransas for XMAS. We ate it for dinner. It was good but not fantastic. It was less than 3 pounds. It was frozen. He rinsed it off in hot water. I had us go to the eggfest for a reason. I want him to learn to cook. WAH!

·
  • KathyJo Peterson,
    I'm not in Texas, I live in NC, BBQ is all about pork in NC. In NC its a standing rule that if its not pig its not BBQ. We may change that with the BGE
    DB

·