Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

abt's ?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planning on cooking some abt's friday and carrying to the game Saturday, can't carry my egg this time. Are these quite good warmed up? Also doing smoked turkey breasts, I know for a fact these are good the next day on sandwiches. Anyone got any more good tailgate ideas?

Comments

• ChefDave
    Options
    ltbamadad,
    I just put 125 ABT's on the BGE and after they are finished I will wrap them in foil cool then down store and take to a party tomorrow. Heat them up tomorrow night and they will be good to go.

• Otobiz
    Options
    Letts-Do-It, holy crap, i thaught doing 30 was a lot of work, how long did that take you to make them all.

• ChefDave
    Options
    otobiz,
    About three hours plus the time on the egg. The air in the kitchen was so hot that you had to hold your breathe when you walked through.

• mr.b
    mr.b Posts: 75
    Options
    Letts-Do-It, whats your abt recipe and cook temp,time and
    grill set-up? i want to do some for the first time this weekend.

• ChefDave
    Options
    mr.b,
    We cut of the top of the pepper, slice pepper in half and clean seeds. Apply cream cheese to each half, add pulled pork or cocktail wiennies or sausage or what ever meat you like to the cream cheese and put the pepper halves together. I then wrap in a bacon slice (use tooth picks to hold bacon). You can also use your favorite rub. I cook at 325 indirect for about 45 minutes to an hour. You want to get the bacon done.[p][p][p][p][p][p]