Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

medium or large egg?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking to purchase my first big green egg. I just want to make sure I can cook a brisket on them. Would the medium fit a nice 12 pounder or should I invest in the large?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Eager Egger
    Options
    reservoirhogsbbq, I think a brisket of that size would fit a medium, but look at the price differental between the medium and large. I think going for the large gives you a lot more flexibilty in the future. Once you have one, you will want to do more and more cooking.
    mike[p]

• Bob In Texas
    Options
    reservoirhogsbbq,
    I am a new owner, and can understand where your coming from. I was first going to by the medium, but on the second thought, with the little difference, I went for the large. I am glad I did after cooking 3 racks of ribs one time and a large brisket another. The medium would have squeezed me for grill space. I am very happy with the large.

• Pharmeggist
    Options
    reservoirhogsbbq,
    My advice would be to buy the Large first.... then when you get obssessed with multiple cooks at different temps depending on what and how much you cook you can always add a small or medium to your arsenal. I cooked two 8 pound Boston BUtts at 250 degrees for 20 hours 40 minutes and pulled them at a 190 degrees... the large egg still had lump remaining in it after that cook and I never added any extra lump charcoal :+)
    ~Pharmeggist

• reservoirhogsbbq,[p]I am the very proud owner-operator of a Medium [and a Small].[p]My advice to you -- Get the Large![p]~ Broc