Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Spatchcock chicken

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my 1st spatchcock chicken tonight, Very, very juicy and tasty. Probably the best chicken I've had off of the grill ever. Egghead forever. Hopefully I can make this post without getting it from all angles as I did last night when all was trying to do is get some of your expert opinions. Doing my 1st 3 slabs of babybacks tomorrow on the LBGE.

Comments

• Willie
    Willie Posts: 132
    Options
    Dr. Walrod,[p]We will be hearing more from you,congrats on your first cook.You will love your Egg more everytime you cook on it.
    Bon Appetit,
    Willie

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BGERibsmimibutt5_06006.jpg
    <p />Dr. Walrod,
    I know what ya mean, it's like broasted without the grease and much better flavor. Spatchcocked is the way to go. Wednesday is chicken day for us and most often it's two birds spatchcocked for the egg because I like leftovers.[p]And your in for a treat with baby backs, a real fun cook and the best ribs ever. With baby backs nicely trimmed & membraine removed I lean twards 2-1-1 method; two hours indirect, one hour in foil, one hour direct with some rib sauce, dome 250 all the way. For spare ribs I go 3-1-1.
    Good luck and have fun!
    Clay

BGEBabyBacks6_10_06006.jpg

IMG_0666-1.jpg