Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Pineapple

Options
Buster Dog BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did the Pineapple on a halfshell from Dr. BBQ's book tonight. I have grilled/smoked a lot of things but I am not sure anything has such an intense flavor as fresh pineapple grilled. Just amazing.

Comments

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    A good carmelized pinapple slice is hard to beat! Try avacado too. Or peaches.

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    We like to put Gran Marnier, Banana liquer or Malibu Coconut Rum on fruit when grilled for dessert, sometimes turbindo sugar and/or chopped black walnuts or pecans.

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Richard,
    Do you brush that on or let it soak in?

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,[p]I like to take a shot and pour a shot hehe. This recipe works for me.[p]Dessert, Fruit

Here is one way I like to do bananas, peaches, pears and apples, pineapple rings or wedges..
    [p]Preparation:
    1/4 cup Turbindo sugar.
    1/2 cup Pecans, Walnuts, Macademia, Almond or combination, Coarsley Chopped
    1/4 cup Coconut Flakes, Coarsley Chopped
    4 Tbs Butter, Melted
    1/2 oz Gran Marnier, Amaretto, Myers Rum, Orange or Banana Liquer, Malibu Coconut Rum, (Optional)
    Whip Cream to Garnish

Procedure:
    1 For an interesting dessert, take the coconut flakes, nuts, turbindo sugar, melted butter, and mix with a little, (your choice) gran marnier, amaretto, or liquer of choice or orange juice. Mix into a thick paste. Cut bananas in half lengthwise with skin on,(skin is great after heated) peaches or pears. After the main dish is cooked and the BGE is being shutdown. I place the fruit on the grid (skin on)with the mixture covering the fruit and turn the puppy off. 15-25 minutes later, after the main course is finished, the dessert is ready. Top with blueberries, raspberries,whipped cream, ice cream or whatever you prefer.

Recipe Type
    Dessert

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard, 02/22/07