Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Luxury lump

uncbbquncbbq Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was in a local "boutique" grocery yesterday buying some steaks, and noticed they had their own brand of lump. The store is the Village Market. $14.95 for 8.8 lbs. One of the bags was slightly split. I didn't see gold dust seeping out of the bag or anything. That gets my record for most expensive lump. I have RO available in my regular grocery for <$10/20 lbs.
·

Comments

• BahmaniciousBahmanicious Posts: 105
    uncbbq,
    My dealer sells BGE lump for about $21.00/20# bag.
    Best,
    WA

·
  • badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Hi uncbbq,
    One of my local supers sells Lazzari 20 lb bags for 15.99 when 2 miles away Safeway sells the same thing for 8.99 & I go over the hill for 6 bags at a time for 7.99.
    You can never have too much lump.
    Cheers,
    bruce

·
  • I've ben buying my lump at smart-n-final . 40 lb. bag of mesquite for 12.99. cooks great and don't cost me a weeks paycheck.ken
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Bahmanicious,[p]My BGE dealer sells it for $12.50 bag. They are in Lawrenceville, GA. ;-)
    ·
  • new2egg2, Costco now sells 20 # for just over $9. Great quality.

·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    FredinSeattle,[p]The Costco in Seattle is selling it too?? I'm thinking of the Costco right behind Lowes.
    If so - sweeeeet!!!! I will be calling them tomorrow!!

·