Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Luxury lump

uncbbquncbbq Posts: 165
edited 7:54AM in EggHead Forum
I was in a local "boutique" grocery yesterday buying some steaks, and noticed they had their own brand of lump. The store is the Village Market. $14.95 for 8.8 lbs. One of the bags was slightly split. I didn't see gold dust seeping out of the bag or anything. That gets my record for most expensive lump. I have RO available in my regular grocery for <$10/20 lbs.
·

Comments

• BahmaniciousBahmanicious Posts: 105
    uncbbq,
    My dealer sells BGE lump for about $21.00/20# bag.
    Best,
    WA

·
  • badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Hi uncbbq,
    One of my local supers sells Lazzari 20 lb bags for 15.99 when 2 miles away Safeway sells the same thing for 8.99 & I go over the hill for 6 bags at a time for 7.99.
    You can never have too much lump.
    Cheers,
    bruce

·
  • I've ben buying my lump at smart-n-final . 40 lb. bag of mesquite for 12.99. cooks great and don't cost me a weeks paycheck.ken
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Bahmanicious,[p]My BGE dealer sells it for $12.50 bag. They are in Lawrenceville, GA. ;-)
    ·
  • new2egg2, Costco now sells 20 # for just over $9. Great quality.

·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    FredinSeattle,[p]The Costco in Seattle is selling it too?? I'm thinking of the Costco right behind Lowes.
    If so - sweeeeet!!!! I will be calling them tomorrow!!

·