Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brownies

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok i am doing my first try at eggin some brownies! this batch will come from a box. so my question is "the box says 350 deg should that translate to indirect?" the reason i ask is i made vidallia onion dip from the submitted recepies section and did it indirect when i proabably should of done it direct. thanks[p]happy eggin
tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    BENTE,
    I bake all my cakes indirect by using the plate setter with legs up.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BENTE
    Options
    RRP,
    legs up i got it set up legs down but i was just guessing.[p]THANKS[p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    BENTE,
    LOL - maybe I'm wrong, but in my way of thinking I don't want my cake pan sitting directly on the hot plate setter, but instead that 3 or 4" of space allows good heat circulation all around the pan without scorching the bottom.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BENTE
    Options
    RRP,
    so legs up with a grate. i did have it set up like for pizza. legs down the egg"feet" and then the pizza stone.[p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• popedaddy
    popedaddy Posts: 51
    Options
    BENTE,
    legs up on platesetter and I do a little more than the box says a good 15 to 25 degree's more and most likely still a little longer than it says to do them..

• BENTE
    Options
    popedaddy,
    thanks that helps! was a little iffy in the time
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb