Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

EggHatter says this recipe is a keeper!

SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,982
edited 9:30PM in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]EggHatter was going through some of her recipe cards and found one called "Apple-Pork Kebabs". The recipe is as follows:[p]2 lbs. boneless pork roast, loin or shoulder (I used tenderloins)
1/4 cup apple juice, bourbon or dark rum (I guess this is the "apple" part, since I used dark rum only)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp coarsley ground black pepper[p]Cut meat into 1-1/2 to 2 inch chunks and place in bowl. Mix other ingredients and pour over the meat mixing until chunks are coated. Marinate for 1 hour to overnight (I went about 1 hour tonight).[p]Thread meat onto skewers and grill on main grid level. Dome temp 300 to 350 turning about every 5 - 6 minutes for a total of about 18 to 20 minutes.[p]Here is the meat in the bowl soaking up the good stuff.[p]P6300001.jpg[p]I used a total of about 4.5 lbs of tenderloin so I doubled the marinade mixture. Here are the finished kebabs on my new green serving platter. The water spots are from the rain that started to come down just before I started taking the kebabs off the Egg. Add a chunk of Guava for some wonderful smoke added.[p]P6300004.jpg[p]And a closeup of the meat.[p]P6300007.jpg[p]Added a baked potato (done in the microwave since we didn't ahead about what to have for a side).[p]EggHatter also did her Gooey Butter Top Cake (in the oven since I didn't think ahead about baking it in the Egg).[p]P6300008.jpg[p]Another easy, quick dinner, plus with cooking that much meat we have some for lunches this week.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·

Comments

• Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    SSN686,
    Those look good and sound easy (my kind of recipe). They've been added to my list of foods to try asap.[p]Thanks,
    Gwen

·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,616
    SSN686,
    Oh, that looks good! I've started using cubes made from Costco's really thick boneless pork loin slices (I always buy a pack when I get the $5-off coupon in the mail). It melts in your mouth.[p]What's with that Gooey Butter-Topped Cake? You can't just dangle that in front of our noses and not include that recipe too!

Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,982
    Morning Judy Mayberry:[p]Gooey Butter Cake recipe[p]CAKE[p]1 pkg. Duncan Hines yellow butter recipe cake mix
    2 eggs
    1 stick melted butter[p]TOPPIING[p]1 box powdered sugar
    2 eggs
    1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened[p]
    Mix cake ingredients and beat until smooth, batter will be stiff. Spread into 9x13 pan. [p]Next mix topping ingredients until smooth. Pour onto cake batter in pan.[p]Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes (until top is slighty browned).[p]For the Egg I use a platesetter (feet down) with a pizza stone on top. Then a grid or copper elbows to hold the pan off the pizza stone (allow air flow under pan).[p]Very easy to make, but be forwarned it is a rich cake (all that butter & sugar).[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,616
    SSN686,
    Jay:Thanks so much. I definitely will try this.[p]Let's give it a new name, though--Heart Attack on a Plate.[p]Judy

Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • MaryMary Posts: 190
    SSN686,[p]Where can we get the recipe for the cake?
    ·
  • MaryMary Posts: 190
    SSN686,

I guess I should read all the posts before asking for things, eh??[p]Thanks - this sounds really easy and looks fabulous!!

·