Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza pie

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
had a bge xl for about 3 weeks now. cooked about 5-6 times thus far and have been very pleased with the results. i can see where it would be nice to have a small or med. as a companion down the road for smaller cooks and less lump usage cause at the moment we try to cook our entire meals when we cook and usually cook enough for 2 even three days. last night was our first attempt at pizza and right after (when the temp came back down) my oatmeal raisin cookies. both turned out extremely well. (no pics yet however) one observation as some others have noted is that the level where the stone sits atop the plate setter is very even with the felt gaskets and it was noticeable that the heat radiating from the stone does do a little number to the inside part of the gasket. nothing real bad but noticeable. i was thinking of placing a layer of ceramic bricks (2-3) layed flat between the plate setter and the 21" inch stone so it sets up about 1.5 inches higher. this shouldn`t affect the quality of the pizza should it? i could buy a smaller stone i guess so it doesn`t sit so close to the edge but i really don`t want another stone right now.

Comments