Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cleaning

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
how do i clean the plate setter? we just used it for chicken and my girlfriend wants to clean it?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    mike allen,
    not needed, but if she insists then do a high temp burn off - but in the future - any time you will have possible yucky dripping then a simple wrap of foil solves the clean up issue. I have seen setters that turn your stomach and there is no need for that yuck!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    mike allen,
    What were you cooking would be the first question?

• Unknown
    Options
    RRP,thank you we thought about that but it was too late to put foil. we were just wanting to try it out.

• Unknown
    Options
    Darnoc,
    chicken

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    RRP,
    Sorry for the stupid post.Some times you have a pan or foil to catch that mess.A lot of cooks say indirect,or indirect on a rised grid,But if you have a fat run off it will get to the plate setter and make a mess.In most cases it will burn off.As RRP said a high temp gets things back in order.

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    mike allen,like RRP said a burn off works well. I purchased a wide blade putty knife that I use to scrap them off. At contest when we go from one to another meat I scrape off the residue and wipe them off with a paper towel. We have a pizza stone we us on top or the plate setter when we are cooking on it because ours look so blackened. [p]Good Eggin'
    Poppasam

• Buzz
    Buzz Posts: 63
    Options
    mike allen,[p]I try to remember to foil it, but in case I forget, I just try to scrape it off with the side of a spatula while the gunk is still warm.[p]I don't like to have that mess on there. I keep my platesetter outside or in my grill. I'm afraid that gunk will attract bugs.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    mike allen, give her a paper towel and wish her luck, Then drop on the couch and watch sports center. If she is still around after an hour and not complaining, marry her tomorrow, LOL![p]Other than that, just burn it off while heating up the egg on the next cook. Also, next time use a pan wrapped in foil to catch the dripping. 1 or 2 inch deep pizza pans make great drip pans! T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.