Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Virgin Egg (pics)

Options
Braddog
Braddog Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend I picked up my new Large BGE. Since most of you have well seasoned eggs, I thought I'd share a couple of pics of a virgin egg.[p]Inaugural cook was simply burgers and hotdogs, but my those bugers were tasty. Babybacks & tenderloin the next day were also recieved by my guests with rave reviews. Thanks to all of you for the knowledge that I've soaked up over the past few months of lurking and trying to decide if the Egg was right for me. [p]Turns out, it is and I'm very pleased. Can't wait to put a brisket on this weekend. - Braddog[p]20070527005Small.jpg[p]20070527006Small.jpg[p]20070527008Small.jpg[p]20070527010Small.jpg

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Braddog,
    Welcome aboard, looks like you made the right decision. -RP

• Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    AZRP,
    Good Luck and can't wait to see the virgin pics of the Xl Med small and mini you will end up getting!Hoss

• Bucky Buckshot
    Options
    Braddog,
    I could be wrong but it looks like, (in the picture) that the fire grate is in upside down. I works best with the flat side up and the concave side down. The reason I brought this up is because my son bought a lg egg a month or so ago and was having trouble with the grate not letting in enough air. Since I turned it over he has no further problems. Just a thought and good luck with your new egg, good pictures by the way. Bucky

• Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    AZRP,[p]thanks for the tip. I'll take a look at that before I fire her up this weekend.[p]Braddog

• Unknown
    Options
    Braddog,[p]Good gawd man...I don't post here much, in fact, I never have, but that right there's a Cold Gold!!! Not many of us left...You must be from Missouri. Now that I know Stags and Eggs go together, I'm just gonna have to finally breakdown and get one...[p]Brett