Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Moving a BGE

otisotis Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to have to move my older model large BGE from one address to another. We have the older model nest which has the Egg much closer to the patio. What suggestions/precautions do you have to hopefully have no damage during the move? Should the lid be strapped to the base?

Comments

• JimEJimE Posts: 158
    Otis,
    just moved my bge 380 miles. Took the bands off and packed the dome in a box by itself. Take out the fire box and the fire ring and pack the in a separate box with bubble rap in between. Break down the nest until it folds a nput it anywhere. I put the bottom of the bge in a separate box. Hauled it in a Budget truck w/no damage.

• Ca_rnivoreCa_rnivore Posts: 120
    Otis,[p]I did something similar to jim. I removed all the innards and bubble-wrapped them and packed them in seperate boxes. For the outer portions, I left the lid and bands attached, but I put several pieces og card board between the lid and base. I then strapped the Egg closed through the handles. The unit was packed in a truck and surrounded by boxes of other stuff. To get it on and off the truck, one of those rental handtrucks with the locking strap worked great.[p]--Kevin