Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled pork temp

HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited 5:36AM in EggHead Forum
I got a boston butt on now. What is the highest temp recomended to cook it? I want to pull it off at 0500 tomorrow to take to work. Normally 225 takes 12-14 hrs. I wanted higher but to to ruin it.
Thanks
Al

·

Comments

• HungryMan,[p]I did two 9 pound (butt and picnic) roasts last weekend. They were in the 250 range (dome) until the meat reached 165 then I upped the temperature to 300 for the rest of the cook. Still took about 17 hours and I pulled them at 200-205.
    ·
  • RonboRonbo Posts: 90
    HungryMan,
    I cook them around 240 to 250 all the time. It is a very forgiving piece of meat

·
  • BYCBYC Posts: 358
    HungryMan,[p]You can easily get away with 240-250. I've even done tham at 260 dome with the same great results..

·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    All over the map,
    I got 2 4# and 5# at 250 now. I may up it a little and let the guru do its job. I have it on the ramp mode. I used it several times but this is the first ramp cook.

·