Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pulled pork temp

HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a boston butt on now. What is the highest temp recomended to cook it? I want to pull it off at 0500 tomorrow to take to work. Normally 225 takes 12-14 hrs. I wanted higher but to to ruin it.
Thanks
Al

·

Comments

• HungryMan,[p]I did two 9 pound (butt and picnic) roasts last weekend. They were in the 250 range (dome) until the meat reached 165 then I upped the temperature to 300 for the rest of the cook. Still took about 17 hours and I pulled them at 200-205.
    ·
  • RonboRonbo Posts: 90
    HungryMan,
    I cook them around 240 to 250 all the time. It is a very forgiving piece of meat

·
  • BYCBYC Posts: 358
    HungryMan,[p]You can easily get away with 240-250. I've even done tham at 260 dome with the same great results..

·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    All over the map,
    I got 2 4# and 5# at 250 now. I may up it a little and let the guru do its job. I have it on the ramp mode. I used it several times but this is the first ramp cook.

·