Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

over cooked fattie

edited 2:25PM in EggHead Forum
I was doing a couple of fatties for a friend. the bad news is I left them on the grill a little longer then I wanted. 1 was readling 180 and the other 175. This friend of mine has never tasted a fattie, should I dump them and start over or do you think they might still taste ok....and not to dry....

Comments

• RichardRichard Posts: 698
    Lionel,[p]Recycle them as meat in a fantastic spaghetti sauce with smoked sausage.
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    Lionel,[p] Biscuits and sausage gravy... YUMM!!!

• Frozen ChosenFrozen Chosen Posts: 131
    Lionel,
    I am doing some right now, and put them on to a 400F grill after doing some steaks. I have the egg shut down to bring the temp to around 275, what is the standard recipe/time/temp for these? I would have thought the recipe would have been posted in the "submitted" section by now, but couldn't find it.....

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Lionel,[p]I take them to 170°, so unless you burned the outside......they should be edible.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Frozen Chosen,[p]Fatties are barbecued fare, not grilled fare. Use cook temps of 220° to 250° for about 3 hours. Here is the straight dope on smokin' a fatty.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Fatty[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Frozen Chosen,
    Were you in the Korean War??? My Father was one of the "Frozen Chosins" (sp?). The new Marine museum in Virginia is very cool and has a wild exhibit of the Chosin Reservoir. Paul

• fattay-003.jpg
    <p />Lionel,
    fattay's go well with mustard.[p]DSC_0021_1-1.jpg[p][p]

• PoolmanPoolman Posts: 17
    Lionel,[p]These were pulled at 175 and they were a huge hit at work.[p]IMG_1336.jpg[p]IMG_1337.jpg[p]I'd serve um![p]Poolman

~~~~~~~

Poolman