Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New XL Toys

Carl in IndyCarl in Indy Posts: 31
edited 7:39PM in EggHead Forum
DSCF0169.jpg
<p />New egg toys can't wait to put them in action Raised grid,half moon baking stone & cast iron grill what will mothership come up with next?
[ul][li]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/carlinindy/DSCF0166.jpg[/ul]
·

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    carl in indy,
    Looks GREAT. Are they making things like that for other sizes? Is there any place to look at pictures of all the grill toys.

·
  • carl in indy,[p]Looks Good! New toys for play! Has anyone heard the status of the mothership's correction for the spring-lift assist for the XL? Weeks? Months? Looking forward to it!
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,333
    primeribeyes0001.jpg
    <p />at least that's what my daughter calls it.....[p]carl in indy, I think you'll like the new toys. I did this cook tonight on the large, a couple prime ribeyes I brought home from the Texas eggfest. [p]primeribeyesspider0001.jpg[p]A slow 500 degree cast iron/spider sear, and then finished on a raised half grid. Try a small chunk of mesquite for added flavor under the half grid while finishing the steaks. [p]halfgridsteaks0001.jpg[p]
    I found a recipe for a butter shallot drizzle. The steaks on the plate are prior to the drizzle. Dam nothing better than prime ribeyes from HEB in Austin.

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Badger Smoke,I spoke we them they were in testing on a gasket fix and thought it would be rolling out soon.

·
  • tjv,Great looking steaks I have enjoyed the accesories you did for me last fall I put a baking stone on it a lot and my drip pan when doing butts and brisket indirect and use the grill extension a lot. Wife and I are considering Texas Eggfest next year her brother moved to Austin so we can go to fest and visit with them also.

·
  • carl in indy How do I get one for my large?

·
  • carl in indy,
    yay, Birthday presents for me !! Are these available now or are they prototypes ?

·
  • DEASEL 1,I call mothership and asked what was new they went thougha list of stuff and I placed the order, would be nice if they sent dealer out update catalogs.

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    carl in indy,[p]Could you post a couple more photo's of that 1/2 round raised grate? That is my next project once I get my SS grates. It looks like there are some extra supports on there, just can't tell.[p]Thanx[p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·