Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New XL Toys

Carl in IndyCarl in Indy Posts: 31
edited 6:28AM in EggHead Forum
DSCF0169.jpg
<p />New egg toys can't wait to put them in action Raised grid,half moon baking stone & cast iron grill what will mothership come up with next?
[ul][li]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/carlinindy/DSCF0166.jpg[/ul]
·

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    carl in indy,
    Looks GREAT. Are they making things like that for other sizes? Is there any place to look at pictures of all the grill toys.

·
  • carl in indy,[p]Looks Good! New toys for play! Has anyone heard the status of the mothership's correction for the spring-lift assist for the XL? Weeks? Months? Looking forward to it!
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,311
    primeribeyes0001.jpg
    <p />at least that's what my daughter calls it.....[p]carl in indy, I think you'll like the new toys. I did this cook tonight on the large, a couple prime ribeyes I brought home from the Texas eggfest. [p]primeribeyesspider0001.jpg[p]A slow 500 degree cast iron/spider sear, and then finished on a raised half grid. Try a small chunk of mesquite for added flavor under the half grid while finishing the steaks. [p]halfgridsteaks0001.jpg[p]
    I found a recipe for a butter shallot drizzle. The steaks on the plate are prior to the drizzle. Dam nothing better than prime ribeyes from HEB in Austin.

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Badger Smoke,I spoke we them they were in testing on a gasket fix and thought it would be rolling out soon.

·
  • tjv,Great looking steaks I have enjoyed the accesories you did for me last fall I put a baking stone on it a lot and my drip pan when doing butts and brisket indirect and use the grill extension a lot. Wife and I are considering Texas Eggfest next year her brother moved to Austin so we can go to fest and visit with them also.

·
  • carl in indy How do I get one for my large?

·
  • carl in indy,
    yay, Birthday presents for me !! Are these available now or are they prototypes ?

·
  • DEASEL 1,I call mothership and asked what was new they went thougha list of stuff and I placed the order, would be nice if they sent dealer out update catalogs.

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    carl in indy,[p]Could you post a couple more photo's of that 1/2 round raised grate? That is my next project once I get my SS grates. It looks like there are some extra supports on there, just can't tell.[p]Thanx[p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·