Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wrapping up the 2 day 8 butt cook - PICS

Options
JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I'm pulling off the final butt in this 8 butt cook. My egg has been going continuousl since 10 AM on Friday. I reloaded yesterday afternoon before I cooked the second group of 4 pork butts. In all I've cooked 8 pork butts (57.5#) from 10AM Friday to 9AM on Sunday. In between the two groups my wife had me grill 6 ears of corn. Really good. Glad I have a small so I could cook dinner on it last night. Did a corned beef brisket with some potatoes and carrots in a foil packet.
Here are some photos of the pork butts.[p]IMG_4517.jpg[p]This was the biggest butt out of the 8. It was in the first group and went the longest.
IMG_4552.jpg[p]This was this morning. Two butts
IMG_4553.jpg[p]Three butts all pulled
IMG_4554.jpg[p]I've using my foodsaver to freeze all of it, well most of it, for a dinner in a week and a half. So far so good. Running short on freezer space :-)[p]John

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    JM3,
    That looks really good John....When are you coming back this way to see your in-laws?[p]Larry

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    Larry,[p]We may be through in June. Looks like we are moving to Warner Robins, GA. We are thinking of doing something crazy and buying a 107 year old home on 4 acres. Here are a few photos. I did find the local BGE dealer in Warner Robins :-)[p]Side of the house
    IMG_4555.jpg[p]Front of the house
    IMG_4567.jpg[p]Backyard
    IMG_4592.jpg[p]
    John