Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

What do you put in your foiled ribs...

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited 1:41AM in EggHead Forum
I always put apple juice and a little honey in the foil with the ribs......Low and behold I just realized we are OUT of apple juice....and it`s just about time to foil them......So what other liquids do you use if you use this method?????[p]Wess

• HermHerm Posts: 206

• WessB,
    jerk marinade, mon!

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    WessB,[p]Beer, wine and broth come to mind. [p]Happy Easter

Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    I can`t believe I didn`t think of that...and Sally even said I have used beer a time before....doooooohhhhh[p]Thanks..[p]Wess

• WessB,
    I've used pineapple or orange juice or a combination of both. We even uses some White Grape Juice before, but don't usually have that around very often. I like the beer idea too. See-Yaa

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,939
    WessB,[p]Ok....but what are the chances you have an old...unused, [p]or otherwise forgotten beer layin' round the crib?[p]LOL!!![p]You and Sally have a wonderful Easter!![p]Evans n Ann
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • JayBJayB Posts: 14
    Sometimes nothing or sometimes sauce. The other posts work equally as well. I am not usually willing to part with the beer or wine. Jay

• EddieMacEddieMac Posts: 423
    WessB,[p]I faced this very same situation three weeks ago....No apple juice in sight....So...put some white whine in the foil packs and the ribs came out tasty and moist...and all was well.....[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• eddiemac,
    I've used wine for this too. Red and sweetened with a little sugar. I now keep a handful of assorted juice boxes around for this. Apple, cherry, or fruit punch. It doesn't seem to matter.

• WessB,[p]I don't but if I did it would be my standard spritz... 1 cup cider vinegar, 1/2 cup Captain Morgan's, and 1/4 cup Dale's sauce. The Junkyard Dogs did real well with their ribs using root beer. I've also heard of people using Dr. Pepper.
  • WessB,a little secret- Dr.Pepper