Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Couple of Tri-tip

eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
edited 6:01PM in EggHead Forum
Ntritip45.jpg
<p />Did these a little different than i've been doing.
Left the 1/4 fat cap on. (won't do that again) waist of rub since i removed the fat after cooking.
Instead of searing first smoked using Pecan @200-230 for 1 & 1/2hrs. then seared at 650-700 (will do again).
Used DP Rasin the Steaks was great (go figure).[p]Ntritip60.jpg[p]Ntritip70.jpg

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC01934a.jpg
    <p />eggaholic,[p]Nice pictures!!! There is nothing wrong with barbecuing them with an end sear, I think they come out just great that way. I see you were working on finding the right slicing angle, which is good, it can be tricky as the grain changes from one end to the other.[p]PS, I got a deal on tri-tip today.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
    thirdeye,
    Mine was $3.79lb. but weighed nearly 4lbs.
    Was the scale broken on yours or did it really weigh .20lb.

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    eggaholic,[p]Something was not right, like the decimal point(s). I was actually too busy selecting 3 of them that looked the same so they would cook about the same, that I didn't notice the price on that one. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    thirdeye, That one would be the hollow one.

• eggaholic,
    i agree, great shots, mon!
    i haven't done a tri-tip yet, but i'm asking the butcher for one tomorrow