Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

half slab pork spare ribs???

grilln & chillngrilln & chilln Posts: 42
edited 9:53PM in EggHead Forum
I just put on a half slab pork spare ribs for lunch later today. What dome temp (not grill temp) do you recommend and how long would you suggest?? I am cooking indirect on an elevated rack with a pizza stone on the main rack to block direct heat. Thanks for the feedback.

• well I cooked them indirect doing the 3-1-1 method. They came out mushy and somewhat dry. Very tender but perhaps overly so. Can you over cook them??? I cooked on an elvated rack with a dome temp fluctuating between 250 and 310. How long after they shrink up a half inch or so are they usually done?? I probably cooked them an hour after they had shrunk up 1/2" off the end of the bone.