Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Meal on the New Egg!!

Options
TexasTigerFan
TexasTigerFan Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked a few Spatchcocked Chickens and they turned out fantastic! I was able to maintain the heat rather easily at 350 degrees. Loved It!!!! My wife and I are off work this week as it is my little girl's spring break. I will try steak or ribs next. Oh, I also made a side dish of shrimp teryaki and it turned out great as well.

Comments

• AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Options
    ref1515,
    Welcome aboard and congrats on a successful cook. The chickens sound really good. I need to do some soon. Enjoy AZ

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    ref1515,
    Welcome aboard... You picked a good "first cook" recipe. It's easy, fun and a real winner with everyone who tries it.[p]Won't be long and you'll be doing butts and briskets.[p]Spring "Still Practicing After Eight Years Learning" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    ref1515,
    Sounds great! I know what those chickies taste like, I cooked two tonight also.. with a little apple wood smoke,.. oh yeahhhhh.
    Ribs are special for a nice low-n-slow at 250 dome. It's a fun cook and will be a treat for the entire family.
    Have fun,
    Clay

• Eggcitable Boy
    Options
    ref1515,[p]Mine was a buffalo skirt steak, coincidentally, I did one this evening and am enjoying it right now. 650 degrees with just fresh cracked pepper and Maldon Sea Salt. Oh... the possibilities that await you.....Eggcitable Boy